Thursday, January 6, 2011

Boost That Slow Metabolic Rate of Yours and Burn More!

Ok, I've notice that as I age, even by JUST looking at yummy-tempting food, it can go down straight to my hips! hehe! I think you know what I mean. There are many metabolic boosters pills out there that we can consume, but why not save that extra cash and do it naturally. Plus, you'll save yourselves from the possibilities of consuming harmful chemicals. I've just learned that there are natural ways to increase the metabolic rates. All you have to do is:

1. Eat 6 small meals a day
Don't let your stomach scream for food! always be munching something healthy to fuel up all day. I love raw carrots.

2. Eat enough protein
Chicken, meat, fish, eggs are a good source but try to mix with some plant protein is found in beans (esp. soy beans), lentils, nuts, quorn and seeds. Plant protein is said to be healthier as it has low fat content. Add more spice to it too; cayenne is believed to help burn fat. Kalau duduk Malaysia, pegi mamak, makan kuah dhall tu mcm sup ok gak! hehe!

3. Vary the exercise routine
When you use the same muscle groups repeatedly doing the same exercise, the body adjusts and burns fewer calories. So, surprise the body and engage in different activities and utilize different muscle groups. Your body will reward you with a better metabolic rate.Oh, and drink cold water or black coffee before you exercise and feel the difference!

4. Sleep well/enough
Lack of sleep affects your metabolism and changes the hormone which affects the appetite regulation. When I'm stressed, I crave for chocolates. Boink! So,I guess I need my beauty sleep bad!

I've just learned this and so far, it's serving me well. In fact, I have more energy to play with my daughter!

No comments:

Post a Comment